Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Patty's Tupperware Lasagna

I know it's been some time since I have actually posted a recipe here. I have been busy doing videos of them instead.  But this recipe I felt like it needed to be here. I have a video of part of it, but I felt it would do better with pictures of it. So, let's go check out how and what Tupperware products I used to make my Lasagna today!


For this recipe, I used several different Tupperware products in the preparation of it. If you're wondering why? well, my oven is out! Lol So, I had to cook it in the microwave. But that's ok, because it's Texas and it's still a bit hot here. This way I didn't heat up my kitchen.

let's gather what we need.


For the sauce
1 pkg. ground Italian Sausage
1 lb. ground Hamburger
2 cans Spaghetti Sauce
1/4 of an onion
1-1/2 cups of mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbl. Italian seasoning
salt and pepper

For this part of my recipe I used the Tupperware Pressure Cooker to cook the sauce. Now, I simply put the meat into the pressure cook raw and seasonings. Then I used the Power Chef to chop the onion, garlic and mushrooms.  Here you can see how fine it chopped. I didn't want big pieces in my sauce.

Then I added the 2 cans of sauce and mixed it. I put the Pressure Cooker in the microwave for 20 min. I wanted all the flavors to marry together a bit longer than just cooking the meat. Meat cooks around 6 min. per pound. 

And this is what the finished sauce looked like and oh my, did it smell good!!


Cooking the Lasagna Noodles

Now, while the pressure cooker was cooling down, I put nine Lasagna noodles in the Pasta Cooker and filled it with water. With the Pasta Cooker, you cook the pasta according to package directions. So, if the box says cook 10 to 12 min, then you cook it for that amount of time. The noodles needed to cook for 12 min. And as you can see the noodles came out great! I do suggest that if you're doing lasagna, leave the water in so the noodles don't dry out. 

And this is our finished pasta!

Mixing The Cheese

I used
1 small Ricotta Cheese
1 small Cottage Cheese
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 Egg
2 cups cooked Spinach (chopped)
1 Tbl. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt.

I simply mixed all the cheeses, egg and spice together and then added the cooked, drained and chopped Spinach.

Now, let's put it all together!


Here I used the 3 qt. Vent-N-Serve to cook mine in. 



First layer - a little sauce on the bottom, then 3 noodles wide, sauce and then cheese mixture.
Second layer - Then I put another layer of noodles, sauce and rest of cheese,
Top layer - I put the last of the noodles and then topped with Mozzarella cheese




Cooking
I made this early in the day to have ready for dinner so it went in the fridge for several hours. When ready to cook, I put my microwave setting to Sensor Heat and this will cook it at 50% power until it's heated through. If you're going to cook right after it's made in the microwave, I would suggest about 10 min as most of it will still be hot.  If you're going to cook it in the oven, then I would go for 45 min.

And here we have the finished meal!

I hope you enjoy the recipe and the products that I used making it!

Blessings,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment