Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Enchilada Casserole - Chili beans and Rices – Peach Crumble

Enchilada Casserole - Chili beans and Rices – Peach Crumble

 

 Now, there is one of my favorite pieces of Tupperware that I use almost on a daily basis, and that's the Tupperware Stack Cooker. We use it for everything from popcorn to cakes to a whole meal. So this past Sunday after church, I came home and tried a new Tupperware recipe. It was a big hit and even my husband liked it! So, it's a keeper!

With the Stack Cooker we'll be working in sections and then you stack it and cook at one time. This recipe has a few pre-cook before and some prep. But it's still super easy to make. And as I was making it, I made a couple of adjustments than what the recipe called for. But I'll have notes on what I did.

Hope you enjoy it!


Let's gather what we need.

For this recipe, you'll be making the Mexican casserole, rice dish and dessert. I choose to go with a Peach crumble.
Peach Crumble (Top Section)
1 lg. can of peach halves or slices. Drained and save the juice ( I used it with the heavy syrup)
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
2 Tbl. Brown Sugar (I went with 4 Tbl)
2 Tbl. cold stick butter
2 Tbl. all purpose-flour
1/2 tsp. of Tupperware Cinnamon/Vanilla seasoning (or use about 1/4 tsp. cinnamon)

Enchilada Casserole (Middle Section)
1 lb. lean ground beef (I used almost 2 lbs)
1/2 onion (chopped - I used the Quick Chef Pro)
1 - 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
6- 6in. corn tortillas, cut into 8 wedges (for me, I went with 4 as it seemed a bit much. And the next time I make it, I'll try layering the recipe instead of adding them in)
1/2 cup shredded chedder cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese


Chili Beans and Rice (Bottom Section)
1/2 cup boiling water ( I used 1 cup very hot tap water as I doubled the rice)
1/2 cup quick-cooking rice (I used 1 cup of rice)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules (I used one cube)
1/2 tsp. chili powder (I used the Tupperware Southwest Chipotle Seasonings)
1- can of canned chili beans (Ranch Style Beans)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Equipment - Tupperware Stack Cooker, Quick Chef Pro


OK, now to the fun part. As I said before, we have a little Pre-cooking and some chopping to do.

Directions:
Step one:
As you'll be needing the onions and peppers for parts of the recipes, I done my chopping first.
I used my Quick Chef Pro
For the Enchilada you'll need 1/2 an onion and for the rice, 1/2 cup (or the other half of the onion) and about 1/2 a green bell pepper.  Go ahead and chop them and put to the side.






Step 2:
Here I had to cook the hamburger meat before hand. I used the colander section of the stack cooker and the 1 3/4-qt. bottom. Crumble the meat into the colander; add the onion. put lid on and cook in microwave for about 5 min. then take out, stir and put back in for 3 min. Meat will no longer be pink. Then rinse the 1 3/4-qt. bottom to use when making the rest of the recipe.


Ok, onto putting it together
For the Enchilada Casserole. Once your meat and onions have cooked, put that into the 1 3/4 qt section. to that add your enchilada sauce, seasonings, cheese and corn tortillas and mix. Then set this aside.

Now, the Chili Beans and Rice
Here I used 1 cup instant rice and 1 cup very hot tap water. I put that into the 3 qt section (bottom) and added the chopped onions and pepper, 1 bouillon cube and I used the Chipotle seasoning instead of the chili powder.
This I microwaved for about 3 min. When done, I added the canned chili beans and cheese. Then set that aside.

Our last step is the Peach Crumble:
I used a lg can of peach halves in heavy syrup. I broke the peaches up and placed in the Lid of the Stack Cooker with some of the juice. I just eyeballed it here. But if you need measurement, I would say about half of the juice from the can.

Clean out the Quick Chef Pro from cutting up the onions. To your Quick Chef Pro, add the oats, flour, seasonings, brown sugar and the cold butter. Put the lid on the Quick Chef Pro and give it a few turns to mix and make crumbles for your topping.
Now, take your topping and put over the top of your peaches.

At this point you have all of your sections done and ready to stack.  Simply stack the rice on the bottom section, then your middle will have the Enchilada Casserole and your top will have your Peach dessert. It will look like this below.

Place your Stack Cooker into the microwave. I put mine on for 15 min. when it was done, I let it set a few min. And then unstack!
Your meal is completely done and you serve right out of your Stack Cooker! My family loved it! Now, you can spice things up the way you like. If you like it hotter, add some peppers. Just season it to your tastes!

And here is the finished dish!
This made 4 very lg. helpings for all of us. And like I added in the lists, I used almost 2 lbs of ground beef and I doubled the rice.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment