Monday, May 11, 2015

Asian Steamed Chicken

Asian Steamed Chicken with Green Beans and Potatoes

Here at my home we love Asian food. And when I have the chance, I love to cook Asian recipes.
I was looking through the freezer the other day and I had 3 chicken breasts left, some fresh green beans and some potatoes. I was in the mood for something Asian and I thought.. hmm.. just marinate the chicken and add the green beans and some potato chunks. That should be good...So, today, that's just what I did. I just wanted it simple and easy so I used my Tupperware Steamer to cook it all at one time!


 Here's what you need to gather:

3 - boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I had 3 on hand)
fresh green beans
a couple of potatoes
Spices of your choice to marinate the chicken. ( I used soy sauce, sweet-n-sour sauce, five spice seasonings and a few dashes of sesame oil)
Tupperware Steamer.


Step 1: The day before, I took my chicken out and I just marinated it with just a few dashes of Soy Sauce, a little Sweet-N-Sour Sauce and some 5 Spice Seasonings and a few dashes of sesame oil. I covered it and put in the fridge overnight. 
 The next day I gathered everything together and in about 5 min. I had it ready to cook.




Step 2: I placed the chicken breasts in the bottom section of the Tupperware Steamer, then I placed the colander part on top, and added my green beans and potato chunks. I just sprinkled a little spice on them and a few dashes of sesame oil. I then placed the lid on and filled the water tray to the full line.

I placed the steamer in the microwave and set the timer for 19 min. Allow 6 min. per lb of meat.


Step 3: When the timer went off at 19 min. I let the steamer set for another 5 min. then took the lid off and as you see, it's all done!



And my finished plate of Asian chicken with green beans and potatoes. The chicken is super moist, the potatoes are perfect and the green beans still have that bit of crunch when you bite into them. I salted the food after cooking because of the Soy Sauce. And it didn't need much salt at all!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment