Thursday, September 24, 2015

Chicken Burrito Bowls

Tupperware Chicken Burrito Bowls


I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I Love the Cantian Bowls and so this recipe is right up my ally! I'm more a veggie person than I am a meat person. Don't get me wrong, I like meat, but I rather have it as a side than the main. So this recipe lets me have more veggies and just right amount of meat.

Also, what's so great about this recipe, it only takes 10 min to cook and dinner is ready! I fixed the entire thing in my Tupperware Stack Cooker!

Hope you enjoy!


Let's get started!
Gather your supplies, you'll need
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts - Here I used some pork and chicken. Some have different taste. So i'm guessing I used 2 lb. total.
2 cups instant rice
2 cups water
One 15 oz. can black beans. Drained and rinsed
1 Tbl. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning blend.
1/4 ts. Cumin
Cilantro - I was out at the time.
Tupperware Stack Cooker
Note: I used half the Chipotle season and half the Tupperware Cilantro/Mojo seasoning. I just like it like that. Or you can use spices of your choice.




Step 1:
Take your chicken and cut into thin strips. Here I put seasonings and salt on my meat and let set for 30 min.



Step 2:
Add 2 cups of instant rice and 2 cups of water to the 3-qt section of the stack cooker. Here I added some of the seasonings and cumin to my rice

Step 3:
Set the 1-3/4 qt cooker on top of the 3 qt. To that add your beans in the middle (I added some spice to the beans as well) and then place chicken around the beans. In my pic you see the pork added there. 

Step 4:
Invert the lid and place on top. Add the remainder of your meat. Place the entire stack in the microwave and I done mine on high power for 10 min. I checked the meat, it was no longer pink and juices ran clear.


Step 5:
I let everything set for 5 more min when I took it out of the microwave and unstacked. 

And here you have it! Place your rice on the bottom, then some lettuce and tomato, beans and meat. I also made some Guacamole dip, but that's another post. 


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment